Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ceramic Beads Fresh From the Kiln

Fresh, hot beads finally from my kiln!
I spent the majority of the weekend rolling a bunch of beads while sitting there watching TV and they are done at last. I just received my sample pack from Coyote Clay with nine new glazes; shino, oasis blue, green shino, crazed copper, and others. Wow, it was so much fun! I went to the Coyote web site and they have a wonderful page where they describe each glaze and what it looks like. It also gives suggestions on what colors to use together and whether a glaze is runny, or stable. Good job, Coyote!

Unfortunately, I didn't do a very good job of making samples of each glaze. I know which glazes are which about 50% of the time. I 'think' the red ones below are Fire Opal - but don't quote me. It is a cool glaze, though- lots of reds and pinks all swirly and textured. Just like I like it! Making test tiles is my next project. I have to get on the ball with that!


Doesn't the yellow look luscious? I took a clay ball and squeezed it in between two of my clay stamps. The small balls have impressions I made in the side with my needle tool.

5 comments:

ARTina said...

Those beads look great! I'm glad to have discovered your blog and shop today. Beautiful work!

Rosebud Collection said...

What gorgeous looking beads..You did a wonderful job.

High Desert Diva said...

Love the beads!

Hoola Tallulah said...

Oooh oh oh! I love beads, these are just beautiful! Will be sure to link you and check out your etsy store <3

Kai Cole said...

When I was in my nonstop senseless TV stage I used to watch this silly show on Nickelodeon called "Legends of the Hidden Temple" where these kids would run around through these jungle-themed obstacle courses and try to win stuff...wel ANYWAY they had these huge Easter Island looking heads that talked and you've posted a pic of your turquoise colored bead that just brought back that colorful memory for me...Thank you for that. And goodluck to you on your beautiful crafty endeavours.
...In admiration from a fellow Etsy-er
-Kai aka "kcole"