Friday, June 6, 2008

Tis the Season?

I know it's only June, but in a week or two, it'll be time for Mom and me to start making our Christmas items for holiday craft shows. Well, mom's got quite a following with some of the stores in Sedona she wholesales to. She makes these wonderful nativities in her southwestern style and has a line of angels and santas, too.

In fact, the angels were the first things that mom showed me how to make. I think hers still beat mine (she is just so good at them!), but mine are pretty sweet, just the same. All the angels we do are holding something in their arms; a Christmas tree, a candle, a doll, even a cat or dog for the pet lovers. It's the most fun to think up something that the angel could be holding. I think we spend too much time on them for the amount we are charging , and might have to think of an increase. They just require so much time and are easily broken in the fragile greenware state.
I love making them, though.

The Santas we make are also adorable. Mom designed it, too, as well as some angel ornaments. She is one talented lady, that's for sure.

I need to start on my Santas soon. It's not that hard to get into the Christmas spirit in summertime when you are painting a Santa Claus. Once I get started, it's easy to get in the swing of things and pretty soon, I have a couple of dozen sitting around, waiting to be sold.

I just remembered I need to sign up for a couple of shows that have deadlines. Oh boy! I hate when I space off the entry and later kick myself for being so dumb! This time I won't forget to send in my application. Anyone else ever do that? Arrg! It's so aggravating because you know there was plenty of time and you have no excuse! Maybe this year will be different. Maybe this year I'll have a half dozen shows lined up with no problems. Hmmm...maybe this year........

For information on Helga Cruz's nativities or to place a custom order, you can go to our Etsy shop and send a convo ( see: Contact the Seller).

2 comments:

Cathy said...

These are adorable. Good luck with the making. Christmas already.....ahhh.

T.Allen said...

Helga Cruz, here I come. It's never too early to buy Christmas items that'll outshine the years' previous (and the neighbors, but you didn't hear that from me). Woohoo!