Friday, July 4, 2008

Craft Show Tips

It's time to start signing up for all those Christmas craft shows. I've gotten my check in for the Holly Fair, held in the Methodist Church in Shalimar, Florida. That's a pretty nice show. They are only a one day show, but the last time I was there (a couple of years ago) it was very heavily attended and sold lots and lots!

I still need to get organized and get my application to a couple more I want to do - bearing in mind how draining it can be doing shows on following weekends. I get tired just thinking about it.
After doing a few shows, I've come up with my list of things I need, like to have, and should bring because I "might" need it. Here it is. You may have more to add. If you do, please leave them in the comments for me.

*bags
*bubble wrap
*tape (masking and scotch)
*twine/string/fishing line (great for tying up displays)
*scissors
*paper towels
*sharpie
*ink pen
*business cards
*index cards (make quickie signs with the sharpie)
*alligator clips
*small notebook (for taking names, mailing list, etc)
*table covers
*bed risers or equivalent (these raise up your table which can increase your sales)
*water bottles and snacks/mints
*cash box or fanny pack ( I like to keep my money close)
*receipt book
*extra spending cash (just a couple of $ )
*for jewelry makers- extra findings/tools

I'm sure someone can think of lots more. These are the basics for me, and I like to keep them in a plastic storage container with the kind of lid that flips open and can snap shut. It makes it so much easier to keep all the small odds and ends in one of these that can be shoved under the table. I also swear by the technique of raising the table by 4 - 6 inches. It makes your product look good and gets it right under the buyers nose!

Now that it's July, I'm about to get into high gear for making inventory for what I hope to be big sales this fall and winter. When you have a full time job and have children, being creative can really be a challenge, but it's one I love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget your calculator, extra batteries, and sunscreen....

Anonymous said...

and, if you accept credit cards, your credit card imprinter, extra cc slips, and cell phone